4Science, together with the DSpace community, is pleased to announce the release of DSpace 7.3. As the fourth release in the last year: we are proudly committed to deliver timely updates helping to provide new features & security to the DSpace platform!
4Science prides itself to be a leading contributor to DSpace 7, a Certified Partner of DSpace and a Trusted Cloud Provider of the Cloud Security Alliance.
Okay, what have we included for you in this new release?
- Continuing the tradition of DSpace-CRIS to bring innovation to DSpace, ORCID Authentication and synchronization to a DSpace Researcher Profile has been merged, developed by us to allow you to keep your repository information always complete and accurate.
- Import content directly from 9 new external services, partially developed with our contribution.
What will you find, thanks to the input of other contributors and donors that support our community? Just few examples:
- Configurable Entities now support Item Versioning.
- Validate a Batch Metadata CSV before applying changes
- Export search results to a CSV
- Submission forms support display of SHERPA/RoMEO publisher policies when an ISSN is entered
- Submission forms support type-based fields
- Preview items during workflow approval
- Withdrawn items now show a tombstone page
- RSS/Atom feeds for Site, Community & Collection pages
- Optionally, Item “access status” badges (e.g., “open access”, “restricted”, “metadata only”, “embargoed”) can be displayed in all Item lists.
- Optionally, a welcome email can be sent to all newly registered users
DSpace is continuously improving, thanks to the support of the Community and thanks to donors who allow us to support the efforts for the benefit of all adopters.
Once again, we are proud to be part of it.
Would you like to contribute towards our next release (7.4)? Please see the complete note here https://dspace.lyrasis.org/2022/06/27/dspace-7-3-is-now-available/
You’ll also find a full list of changes and contributors in 7.3 here https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-7.3ReleaseNotes